Our club season is off to a great start and many teams just completed their 3rd weekend of competition in a row. We still have a lot of volleyball to play, but it’s great to see the improvement in our girls, since we began practice in December. Here are some highlights from each team.
- 4-3 in the NW Juniors MLK Tournament. Finished 2nd in the Silver Bracket.
- In their first Power League, they lost their first match in 3 sets, but won the next 3 in a row and are moving up to Flight 1!
- Starting as the 28th seed in the NW Juniors MLK Tournament, they finished 14th by winning the Bronze Bracket!
- Showing great energy against a combination of U13 and U14 teams during the Power League Seeding Day, they went 3-3 on the day and will start in 79th place for the first round of Power League.
- At Power League #1, they also lost their first match of the day, but won their next 3. They will move up a Flight for Power League #2!
- Starting 48th on the Power League Seeding Day, they faced some very good competition and ended up 41st.
- During their first Power League, they picked up where they left off, going 3-1 on the day. They will move up to Flight 5 for Power League #2.
- Went 4-3, all against U16 teams, in NW Juniors MLK Tournament and finished in 12th place. Their best match of the weekend; however, was a 3-set loss to a very good U16 team that ended up in 2nd place overall.
- At the Power League Seeding Day, they went 4-1, but a tie breaker dropped them from the 7th seed to 18th.
- Battling injuries and sickness, they fought all day at their first Power League, beating the #1 team in their Flight, but that would be their only win of the day. They will continue to battle in Flight 4 at Power League #2.