We would once again like to thank everyone that has been contacting us for updates on our club season. We love that so many people are interested in our program. After discussing with our coaches, we have decided to take on a different focus for the upcoming season. With the lack of opportunity for middle school-aged students to play volleyball over the last year and a half, we want to give those players who have little to no experience the opportunity to further develop their skills. We have done this type of developmental program before with great success in the 11 & 12-year-old age groups and are planning to expand this to 13 & 14-year-olds.
Our focus will be on girls who are in the Bothell feeder schools, as our mission states, but we have always enjoyed coaching girls from other areas too and will continue to do so. Our program will start registration once club tryouts have completed. Here is some brief information on what the program will look like.
- December-April practices, once or twice a week
- Practices at Bothell HS Sundays and possibly one other location during the week
- 2 groups: 5th/6th graders & 7th/8th graders – about 30 players per group
- Possibility of local tournaments/scrimmages with other clubs with similar programs
- Very low cost compared to club teams